Thursday 4 November 2010

August Rush


I saw this movie last weekend, apart from being absolutely sweet and tender, it has a great soundtrack that I'm sure you'll enjoy.
What called my attention here is the play on words in its name. A play that you come to understand after you have watched the movie.
The word rush has many meanings, let's have a look at some of them:
  • a sudden surge towards someone or something
  • a sudden surge of sensation, esp produced by a drug
  • a sudden forward motion.
  • surging emotion: a rush of shame.
  • an anxious and eager movement to get to or from a place
These are, for me, the ones that are related to the movie in one or another way. Since the child feel this rush to find his father, and the idea of emotions and feelings apperaring and increasing suddenly is seen throughout the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I've watched it! Cool movie! I reckon rush in the movie can also be understood as the sudden emotion the mother,father and son feel by the sound of music! it seems that music triggers a certain emotion in the three of them and that's why they get back together !

    ReplyDelete