Thursday 4 November 2010

TV, my way of relaxing

Many people may argue that TV nowadays is not what it used to be. And contradicting that opinion is not easy, especially if you look at  the content of our television. Argentinian shows can be described as shallow, low quality programmes that can't even meet their key obejective: entertain. Our TV is basically a collection of gossip shows, in which a bunch of characters parade just to get their moments in the limelight. Fiction is not usually better. Soap operas' plots have been repeated for years, so much so that you can tell how it is going to end after watching it for a week. Plots are so unnecessarily intricated that bore the audience to death. There are, however, great pieces of work in this area, but they are never given the prime time, which makes them go practically unnoticed.

Anyway, I love watching television, I could spend hours in front of the so called stupid box. But as you can imagine, national TV is not my first choice. I love watching American sitcoms and series, not that I believe everything they do is excellent, because they can and they have produced many bad shows, but in general I find their TV programmes much more interesting and well developed. It still amazes me how they can make shows run for years. I've been following shows for over 6 years now, without losing interest for a second.

Whether national or American, TV is there to entertain; I have to admit that it's sheer pleasure what I get from watching TV, just a few hours of complete and absolutely abstraction: no responsibilities, no problems, no nothing. It's a simple way of shaking a stressful day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment