Thursday 11 November 2010

New Shoes

"Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
It's so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
But long on time,
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And I'm running late,
And I don't need an excuse,
'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes."
New Shoes - Paolo Nitini

When you put on new shoes, it certainly feels like a fresh start. Nothing can go wrong and all problems are forgotten, at least for a moment. You feel like you can take any obstacle life puts in front of you. It's amazing how such a simple thing can change our mood.

When you put on a new pair of shoes, boots or snickers, you feel them tight and some what uncomfortable. It is after all a new situation: you feel strange and out of your comfort zone - just as in life itself. Then you start to walk in them, you start to grow on them and a feeling of confidence invades you entirely. You walk with your head up, proudly. Nothing can stop you now! New shoes are a boost to our self-esteem

Being a woman, I love shoes. I have to admit that I hate buying them, but once I have my new shiny shoes, I'm the happiest person on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment