Thursday 11 November 2010

Music

Sadly, I can't play any intruments or sing like a nightingale but music is a big part of my life. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is turn on the radio, I need the sound of music around me to start my day.
I don't have a real favourite band or singer, I have several favourites from which I can't sinlge one out.

I find it amazing how music can change my mood in a blink, there are certain songs that put the biggest smile on my face whenever I listen to them. "Anna Julia" by George Harrison is one of those songs. It's its catchy chorus that makes you want to sing at the top of your voice that works the magic.

There are also songs that speak to you. These usually come at the right moment and give you comfort.You find in those words the strengh to go on, to hold on. Stuck in  moment by U2 is definitely one of those songs, I even got a sort of motto out of it: "It's just a moment. This time will pass". The same happened to me with REM's "Everybody cries" a few weeks ago, when I listened carefully to it for the first time.

There are other songs that bring back memories of special moments, people, experiences. These songs have the wonderful abiltiy to take you back to that exact time, and are those we like to call classics. Perhaps they aren't the greatest songs in history, but they are part of your history and that's enough. "Coco Jambo" for example, it's surely one of the worst songs ever, but every time I listen I think of my sis. She hates the song, she's always had. I used to follow her around singing it just to annoy her. Another of these songs is "Voyage Voyage", which brings me vivid memories of my father and me when I was a child.

Music is there to amuse us, accompany us, inspire us. I'm always finding new songs to ensamble the soundtrack of my life. After all, what a better way to start a memory than with a song?

No comments:

Post a Comment